H Squared Photography & Videography Services of Hampton Roads
Where professional artists make your dream a reality.
Here is an example of what professional equipment can do: up to 10 frames per second at full 16 megapixel quality, with sustained focus capability that is exclusive to the Sony DSLT cameras that we use. This is one of our many edges over our competition: The ability to capture that one right moment. That one rare, shy smile between the blinks of an eye. That one gesture that is gone and can never quite be duplicated. That one perfect moment during the first kiss as man and wife.
2. Professional Equipment
More important than the equipment the photographer uses is the photographer themselves. Our skilled photographers, Amy and Chris, know both the technical aspect and artistic aspect of photography, to take the equipment to it's fullest potential. For example, with portraits we know how to get the best results by using methods our competitors do not. Using available light when possible, and non-intrusive studio lights when we have to, we are able to make our customers feel much more comfortable than our competitors who use heavy flashes and make their customers conform to specific poses. Here at H² Photo Services we don't just pose our clients, we also like to use the natural poses and interaction our clients use with their environment. With a little guidance if necessary, the results are extraordinary.
Whenever you book a photo session with us you are booking at least two individuals. In addition to a primary photographer there is a second person who is devoted to making the photo session as fluid and fruitful as possible, whether that person records video, acts as a secondary photographer, is devoted to dynamic lighting, or performs light touch-ups with makeup or hair. We cover all of your needs when many of our competitors can't.
Ten Frame-Per-Second Cameras
1. Professional Image Editing
3. Professional Experience
No one will spend as much time making sure you're images look perfect as we do. Make sure you choose photographers who really know how to edit photos. We excel in making your images look great, and no one else is willing to spend as much time doing it as we will.
Serving Hampton Roads and beyond. For a free quote: e-mail | phone: 757-759-2247
Over thirty years combined experience in the fields of photography/videography.
When we shoot weddings we shoot in bursts very often, capturing more rare moments and having much higher chances of perfectly clear, sharp photographs. We take on average 7,000 photographs for a wedding and give our clients anywhere from 800 to 1,200 images. And that's not our only advantage that gives us better more professional results. Whether it's our use of color balanced flashes, professional cameras, large diffusers, high burst rates, flash umbrellas for formal portraits, custom high power flashes and flash brackets, up to four cameras on a photographer at a time with various lenses, or our experience with over 34 weddings in 2014 and over 55 weddings booked in 2015, you know you are getting professional results with H Squared Photo and Video.
70 image example:
Here is an example of a first kiss and the moments after taken with the burst mode of our cameras: Each file was taken as a 16 megapixel RAW file. This is a 8 FPS burst. Of course, many of the images are very similar so only the best images are given to the client.
Copyright 2012 H² Photo and Video Services
Our cameras not only take beautiful images, they also specialize in maintaining autofocus and tracking moving subjects throughout fast bursts with technology exclusive to Sony Cameras like ours.
Advantages our camera system has over others:
1. Hybrid translucent mirror technology allows for full time phase detection autofocus, never having to use slower contrast detection autofocus other cameras have to use in LiveView.
2. Full time phase detection autofocus allows for using LCD with no penalty to autofocus even in the lowest light, and shows the same image and information on the Electronic Viewfinder (EVF). Unlike other systems where the viewfinder goes black when a picture is exposed and you don't know what you've taken, the viewfinder actually shows the image you take.
3. You see your exposure end result on screen and in the viewfinder for a truly WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) shooting experience with no guess work; you get a live view of what your end exposure result will be on screen with your current setting selection with NO METERING NECESSARY.
4. WYSIWYG experience allows for perfectly bright exposures without clipping whites and less noise in shadows, allowing for good quality at high ISOs and a much greater quality product without clipping highlights. (WYSIWYG helps tremendously with our HDR image editing by helping us achieve the perfect exposure to maximize available dynamic range when taking images for greater highlight and shadow recovery later).
5. All lenses are image stabilized with on camera image stabilization, allowing for lower shutter speeds (effectively more light).
6. Translucent mirror allows for high speed bursts and continuous autofocus during bursts, allowing for a much higher chance of capturing those perfect moments. In addition, during a burst the focus will change to different points of a subject allowing the photographer to choose the sharpest image in post processing.
7. EVF allows for reviewing photos when the LCD is otherwise not visible in broad sunlight, simply look through the viewfinder to review your images with amazing clarity.
8. Better flash feedback: During burst mode or single shot mode images display on screen and in viewfinder for a split second allowing for you to see the brightness of the flash LIVE as you take images, giving you instant feedback on flash brightness that can be changed mid burst to give perfect flash exposures and overall better quality product with proper exposures and less noise and less blowing out or clipping of whites.
9. Bursting in low light allows for use of shutter speeds otherwise not feasible with other cameras by catching large numbers of images including impressively clear, perfect moments with no motion blur.
10. Illuminated LCD/Viewfinder allows for greater visibility in low light of your subjects than possible with traditional viewfinders, allowing for better compositions when using flash in low light.
Note: We use Full-Frame and APS-C cameras. Full frame sensors are somewhat better with bokeh (blurred backgrounds) and noise but our APS-C sensor cameras handle light amazingly well even at 6400 ISO.
11. APS-C cameras allows for sharper images with greater depth of field and thus clearer images than full frame cameras at the same composition and aperture selection. We can use full-frame cameras when greater depth of field is required.
12. Use of APS-C cameras allow for more camera bodies and lenses to be on the photographer at a time due to smaller, lighter construction, giving the photographer more tools for the job. Chris typically uses three to four cameras at a time with a range of lenses on him, allowing him to get close up shots and wide angle shots quickly where other photographers could not. The use of multiple cameras also allows far more shots to be taken to increase chances of catching split second smiles and amazing party moments. The end result: More pictures to choose from at any given angle/composition, and more angles/compositions to choose from.
13. Manual focus peaking in LCD and Viewfinder allows for catching the best possible focus in challenging focus conditions.
14. High power flashes using proprietary batteries that recharge the flashes about ten times faster than normal, allowing for better low light shots with bouncing flash off of surfaces instead of directly on to the subjects.
15. Custom brackets allow for more than one flash at a time, doubling flash power, allowing for bouncing light when other photographers could not due to single flash setups and low recharge times.
16. With multiple cameras using wireless triggers to fire elevated on camera flash as well as off camera flash, any camera on the photographer can fire the flashes without messing around with swapping TTL cables - There are no TTL cables - the photographer can switch bodies quickly to a wide angle lens for example and capture the shot quickly with the same flash power available to the other cameras without changing settings, switches, or cables.
17. Tilted LCD and in camera level allow for holding camera high overhead and maintaining good composition.
Full frame lenses such as 50mm 1.4 IS, 70-200 2.8 IS, 85mm 1.4, Proper lens selections for APS-C including the amazing 18-35mm 1.8 IS, and many more lenses: ultra wide 11-16mm 2.8 IS, wide range 17-50mm 2.8 IS, and 70-200 2.8 IS lenses and varius prime lenses such as 35mm 1.8 IS, 50mm 1.4 IS, 85mm 1.4, with wide apertures for greater bokeh/background blur when desired and amazing low light performance, especially coupled with cameras with usable exposures up to 6400 ISO in APS-C and 12,800 in Full frame. *Image Stabilization (IS) on camera